See the Results of the 2018 Campaign
With the long-term goal of increasing demand for fresh-cut Christmas trees, the CTPB continued with the campaign theme; It’s Christmas. Keep it Real.
This 9 minute video provides a summary of the 2018 promotional campaign, including campaign highlights and reach results.
And while you’re at it, check out the campaign summary video from 2017:
The Christmas Tree Promotion Board solidified its commitment to Christmas tree research by allocating $120,000 of 2016/2017 budget to industry research initiatives.
CTPB has agreed to fund five research projects, some currently in negotiation or pending USDA contract approval. All projects involve researchers who are well-known to the Christmas Tree Industry and include all growing regions.
The five projects are:
- Regional Adaptability of Turkish and Trojan Firs – contract under negotiation, involving six universities
- Impact of Elongate Hemlock Scale – contract under negotiation, involving two universities
- IPM Strategies for Slugs – contract under negotiation, involving two universities
- Cultural Options in Reducing Coning in Fraser Fir – Conducted by Michigan State University
- Cultural Options in Reducing Coning in Fraser Fir – Conducted by North Carolina State University